(Click on the picture above for video)
Masal vadai is a crispy snack made with bengal gram dhal. It is a very easy and tasty snack. It is also full of protein.
Bengal gram dhal - 2 cups
Onions - 3 big size
Green chillies - 2 to 3
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Salt - As per taste
Cinamon - one small piece
Ani seeds - 1/2 teasooon
Coriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
Curry leaves - 1 or 2 leaflets
Oil - for frying
1) Soak bengal gram dhal in water for at least two hours.
2) Grind soaked bengal gram dhal, green chillies, ginger, cinamon, ani seeds and salt.
3) Add chopped onions, coriander leaves and curry leaves to the ground mixture and mix it well.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan. Make small balls of the mixture and press it in your palm to make vadais and deepfry in oil.
5) Your crispy masal vadais are ready.