ONION MEDHU VADAI
Urad dhal - 400 gms or 2 cups
Onion - 2(Big size)
Green chillies - 2 or 3
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Coriander - a hand full
Curry leaves - a little
Salt - To taste
Oil - For frying
1) Soak Uradh dhal in water for 2 hours.
2) Grind green chillies, ginger and salt first. Add uradh dhal to it and grind into smooth batter.
3) Use wipper in the mixer grinder for a minute to get a fluffy batter.
4) Add chopped onions, coriander and curry leaves to the batter.
5) Mix well and make small balls with the batter and shape vadais with your hands and deep fry in oil.
6) Onion medhu vadai is ready...! Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar.